Downtown Development Authority
City of Grayson
438 Grayson Parkway
Grayson, Georgia 30017
September 8, 2014
Meeting was called to order by Chairman Chip Mitchell at 6:06 pm.
Members present: Chairman Chip Mitchell, Tommy Carraway, Dave Sitz, Eddie Russell, and Jimmy Norton.
Laurie Anderson arrived at approximately 6:35 p.m.
Minutes from the last meeting were made available and approved. Motion by Dave Sitz and 2nd by Eddie
Russell. Russell, Sitz, Carraway and Mitchell approved. Norton abstained.
Public Input: Mrs. Carolyn Bagheri asked if there had been any e-mails, conference calls or committee
meetings since the August, 2014 meeting. Chairman Mitchell said there had not been any and that committees
had not been assigned at this time.
Old Business: None
New Business: Nomination of Seth Clemence, the owner of graft restaurant, to Seat No. 11 of the Main Street
Grayson Board of Directors. Nomination made by Dave Sitz; Jimmy Norton 2nd; all approved.
Treasury Report: Tommy Carraway presented the board with copies of the Bank Statement, P&L Statement,
and Year End Budget Statement.
DDA Manager’s Report given by Gail Lane.
1. Grayson City Council has approved the DDA’s budget request of $50,000 for fiscal 2015.
2. Blues and Brews is underway and making great progress. We are still gaining sponsors and ticket
sales are outpacing last year at this time.
3. Mainstreet update – Town Hall meeting to be held on September 18th, 6:30 pm at the Grayson
Senior Center and Farmers Market continues to do very well. Most of the Directors attended
training in Decatur at the Georgia Downtown Conference.
4. Gwinnett Redevelopment Task Force is hosting a Peer Tour on Sept 12, Gail, Mayor Wilkerson,
Laurie Anderson, Jimmy Norton, and Greg Shumate will be attending. October 16th is the next
5. 2 new Businesses were added to the city bringing 5 employees. Three commercial business did not
renew licenses with 3 jobs lost.
6. 428/Incubator Update: Our incubator occupant, Freskos Media, is doing very well. We have one
new coworking client.
7. A review of the website was done. A committee will be put together to accomplish marketing and
determine what changes should be made. Gail Lane will check into setting up links to demographic
information and other pertinent data.
At 7:15 the Grayson DDA entered into Executive Session for discussion of Manager’s Contract.
Adjournment: Executive Session adjourned at 7:56 p.m. Motion to Adjourn DDA Meeting made by Jimmy
Norton; 2nd by Eddie Russell. All approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:57 p.m.
Next meeting to be held Monday, October 6, 2014.
Gail Lane, Manager